If you’re looking for something to help take your ESO experience to the next level, look no further — Elder Scrolls Online Strategy Guide is an all-in-one resource for players. Stepping into the game world is quite intimidating, given how massive the world is, and how many different areas of the game there are to learn. However, this guide covers just about everything, including class selection, builds, play-styles, tips, and much more!
Beat the competition – Get a Premium ESO Guide!
If you’re really serious about taking your game to the next level, and getting a major advantage over everyone else, we highly recommend that you pick up one of these premium Elder Scrolls Online guides.
We have compiled a list of top ones out there and listed down some of the important features for you that should help you to choose the one that’s the best for you. Click here to check out our comparison chart and some of the top guides that are available out there.
Guide Factions and Races in The Elder Scrolls Online
Most MMORPGs feature two different factions that rival each other — ESO is a bit different, as there are actually three factions to choose from. Your faction is very important, as it decides where you are going to be leveling for the majority of your character’s early life.
Once you’ve completed one faction’s leveling area, you can actually move to another and start playing there, but the first area will always be decided by your faction. Also, the available Races for your character are determined by the faction you choose, which is another thing to keep in mind as some Classes are better suited for certain Races.
- Ebonheart Pact: Capital city is Mournhold, located in Morrowind. Playable Races: Nord, Dunmer, and Argonian.
- Aldemri Dominion: Capital city is Elden Root in Valenwood. Playable Races: Altmer, Bosmer, and Khajiit.
- Daggerfall Covenant: Capital city is Wayrest in High Rock. Playable Races: Redgaurd, Orc, and Breton.
Elder Scrolls Online Class Guides
There are a total of four available classes to choose from in ESO, and they are the Dragonknight, Nightblade, Sorcerer, and Templar. Each class is very different from the rest, but you still have a ton of customization options regardless of which one you choose. Since all classes are able to allocate their skill points in the same areas, it makes the decision not as much of a defining one, but still important.
- Dragonknight: The warrior, capable of dealing high amount of AoE damage, as well as single target damage. DKs are well-versed in the art of damage and tanking, but not as effective in a support role. If you like heavy armor and heavy weapons, this is the class for you.
- Nightblade: The rogue, capable of stealth and heavy burst damage to single targets. As a Nightblade, players are able to assume the role of either DPS or Tank, depending on your armor and build. This class is a lot of fun in both PvP and PvE scenarios, and exteremely powerful when played properly.
- Sorcerer: The mage, capable of unleashing powerful crowd control effects, and ranged magic damage to multiple foes. The Sorcerer class is definitely not an ideal choice for a tank, but they can be the most disruptive force in PvP, and deal massive amounts of damage in any situation.
- Templar: The paladin, capable of just about anything, whether it be healing and buffing enemies, or on the front lines of battle. Templar’s are known for being the most versatile class in ESO, which can make the game’s fully customizable skill allocation a lot of fun if you enjoy experimentation.
Guide To Building your Character in ESO
As you level up in The Elder Scrolls Online, you’ll be able to spend your skill points on a variety of different things — abilities, weapon and armor proficiency, and even crafting professions. It’s a bit intimidating at first, with so many different things you’re required to manage, but a good build is key to a powerful character.
One thing to remember, is that you’re able to reset your skills for a price, so you don’t necessarily need to have an endgame build on your mind while leveling. Here at Elder Scrolls Online Guide, we offer several different build guides that are guaranteed to be viable, and are a great base idea for players as well.
The Leveling System
ESO has a relatively complicated leveling system, which is not identical to anything else you’ve seen in the MMORPG genre. Fortunately, our Elder Scrolls Online Leveling Guide can help break things down and simplify the entire process, as well as give players the edge they need to reach level cap as quickly as possible.
Players often can’t decide between trying to just barrel through the game by themselves, or try to work with a group to speed up the process. Regardless of the route you choose, we have resources here to help you, whether you’re looking for an awesome leveling build, tips for finding a good group, or a game-plan for what areas of the game your group should focus on.
One of the most fun aspects of Elder Scrolls Online, is playing with your friends, which usually means running dungeons (or questing). These dungeons often have complex boss fights, that are nearly impossible if you don’t understand the mechanics. We have guides for that as well!
- The Banished Cells - Aldmeri Dominion, Levels 12 – 15
- Fungal Grotto - Ebonheart Pact, Levels 12 – 15
- Spindleclutch - Daggerfall Covenant – Levels 12 – 15
PvP (Player vs. Player)
Something that fans of The Elder Scrolls series have always been curious about, is how Player vs Player combat would fare. Now, since an MMORPG just wouldn’t be the same without PvP, we are able to find out. ESO has an extremely fun PvP system that puts players in a variety of unique situations, both in the world, and in instanced scenarios.
Mastering the art of PvP is very difficult, but this resource site is equipped with the tools you need, starting with our ESO PvP Guide. You should be ready to learn the ins and outs of your classes PvP mechanics, and how to properly build your character to maximize your potential on the battlefield.
Crafting & More!
So we’ve covered Factions, Classes, Builds, Leveling, and PvP, but there is still so much more to The Elder Scrolls Online than that. Our guides also include detailed Crafting tips and tricks that will come in handy when choosing and leveling your professions. Crafting can be very useful, as well as profitable, so it’s important you know how to utilize it effectively. Visit our in-depth Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Guide to learn more!
These are just a few of the different categories covered by our guides, and there is always more to come, as the game itself continues to grow and evolve. Thanks for visiting Elder Scrolls Online Guide, and feel free to leave feedback and comments. If you wish to support us and write guides for us, submit your contact details using our contact form.